Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Nars Larger Than Life Pencil Eyeliner Review

As you know, I ordered this eyeliner a while back, but I haven't had a chance to test it out. I had really really high hopes for this pencil, but after using it this weekend, I must say that I am a tad disappointed. All in all it's a good eyeliner and i give it a B+...


PROS: 
  • Long lasting (for a pencil)
  • Automatic/Twist-Up, no sharpening required
  • Built-in sharpener: although sharpening is not required, there is a little sharpener if you want a nice point on the liner.
  • Minimal transfer to bottom lids after eyeliner is set
  • Short setting time, which is nice not to have to keep your eyes half closed waiting for your eyeliner to set...

CONS:
  • Hard: It's not creamy or gel like, making it a bit hard to apply smoothly. (You can probably remedy this my taking the pencil to a blow dryer for 2-3 seconds to soften the lead. Be careful not to over heat the pencil, because you will ruin it!)
  • Price: $23 is a lot of dinero for a B+ eyeliner, especially when I apply super thick lines.
  • Availability: Always sold out everywhere you go, which is REALLY annoying...
I may have hyped this liner up too much at first... Now I'm bring it back down to reality... LOL

2 comments:

  1. thank you for the REVIEW! i went to Sephora friday hoping i can purchase this NARS eyeliner. AND of course was it SOLD OUT AGAIN!!
    You gave it a "B" so...eh i no longer want it lol
    hey...which eyeliner do you LOVE? which is your go to eyeliner? which eyeliner will you give an A or A plus?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I have yet to find a pencil eyeliner that I would give an "A". I like to switch around to see what's out there. But out of all the eyeliners I have tried in the past, the repeat buys have been Lancome Artliner (Liquid), Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof (Pencil), Revlon Colorstay (Pencil), and Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner. I plan to add UD 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner and Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner (Pencil) to the repeat list too. :)

      Delete