Wednesday, March 7, 2012

ACTIVATING MY YOUTH Continues...

Today is Day 7, and I've used the Lancome Genefique Youth Activating Concentrate a total of 14 times. According to the Lancome Website, I should see visibly younger skin... They bullet points are Lancome's claims, and the comments in red are my opinion.
  • Drop by drop, skin is infused with life. What the hell does this mean? I have not idea how to comment on this.
  • Vibrant with youth, skin looks as if lit from within - breathtakingly radiant. I don't know about "breathtaking" but my skin does look and feel better.
  • Skin's youthful quality returns: cushiony soft and velvety to the touch. I agree to a certain extent. In my opinion, the soft, velvety feel comes from the silicone-y ingredient that gives your skin a temporary smooth feeling.  It's not a miracle product that drastically changes your skin in 7 days. But it does improve the appearance while the product is actually on your skin.
  • Skin's tone is astonishingly even; its texture dramatically refined. Again, probably the silicone-y thingy.
Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with this product.  Over the weekend, I received a few comments on my skin. I'm not 100% sure if it's really because of the GYAC or some other reason.  

I like the way this product feels on my face.  It did not make me break out, but I don't really have acne-prone skin either.  I have oily/combination skin, but more on the oily side.  This product soaks into your skin quickly and is pretty matte.  

Using this product is comparable to using Estee Lauder's Idealist and Advanced Night Repair concurrently, as Idealist contains a silicone-like ingredient too that will make your face appear smoother.  However, I feel that Idealist contains ALOT more than the GYAC.  (Sensitive skinned peeps should beware of too much silicone-y stuff because I hear it can break you out.) 

After applying GYAC, my skin definitely appeared more luminous and smooth, but it is a temporary look.  I don't believe this product is something that will change your skin completely, but I can see this product as a good "maintenance" product for "younger" skin or skin with the "first signs of aging".  I don't believe this would be a good product for mature skin.  I will continue to use this product, and I will be trying the other Genefique products when I'm done with my current moisturizers.  

I'm happy with this product overall, and would recommend it to a friend. Let me know if you have any questions, friends! Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment